The World Turns To Ice

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Happy Tuesday

A light rain is falling on the Greenwood this morning and the mist is rising from the trees. I am packing up some framed prints and cards for the 'Artistree' printmaking exhibition at 'The Blue Ginger Gallery' at Cradley in Worcestershire. The gallery is open from Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 5.30pm, see the website: www.blue-ginger.com. Our exhibition will be there until 5 September 2010. I'm sure that Sue, the owner would be glad to welcome anyone who would like to visit..........

Well someone got lost on the way to the gallery! I wonder who that was? I took a narrow, very bendy 'B' road and I didn't even believe that I was going in the right direction. I was under the misconception that I knew where I was going, having passed the gallery ONCE a few years before. Therefore, I set out with the only instruction that it was The Blue Ginger Gallery somewhere near Malvern. Luckily providence was on my side and I found it purely by instinct. If you should decide to go to visit the exhibition look at the address and a map before you set out!

There were many oohs and aahs as packages were unwrapped from bubble wrap and we started to separate the work into groups. There were prints of all kinds: intaglio, collographs, mono-prints, prints into clay and onto fabric. Much fun was had as we teetered precariously on chairs trying to hang frames with fishing line from nails high on the walls. After several goes at getting the arrangement right we finally did it and now all is labelled and ready for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment