The World Turns To Ice

Sunday 1 August 2010

Drifting through the day

Sometimes I need days when I just drift.  I do nothing big, just go with the flow.  It recharges energy and gives space for thinking time.  A slow day in 'soft time' as Gill Edwards would say.  Only the basics get done but I feel that, if nothing else, I have achieved contentment and time well spent.

There are other days that are equally slow, nothing much gets done but they are completely wasted.  Those days when you go around in circles dabbling at this and that; spending far too much time on the internet kidding yourself that you are doing something useful and I'll just have one more game of solitaire! Days described by Horace Mann as:
  'Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes.  No reward is offered, for they have gone forever'.

I had better get on with it then.  Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment