The World Turns To Ice

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Time for another search for inspiration

I have an assignment to do and I have writer's block.  Well, not necessarily writer's block more a case of being completely uninspired by the assignment and if I'm honest I just really don't want to do it.  I'm tired and drained and I would like to get on with my art work or plant roses or bake cake or anything other than have to plough on and on with this dreary exercise.  I haven't really got that much more to do but I could describe the process as being like putting my head in a vice and squeezing out every solitary word. The completion of a paragraph feels like a real achievement so, as I have written a paragraph today, maybe I could stop.  Maybe I could look at my new book or have an early night.  Perhaps I should have a cup of tea.  I might go and clean my room before I go to bed, my room really needs cleaning, in fact, I don't think that it can wait any longer, it must be done right now....but I don't want to do that either.

Maybe I should go back to my desk and have a few more turns of that vice.  Every word that I write will be one more nearer to the finish line.  When inspiration fails then perseverance is the only answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment