The World Turns To Ice

Thursday 28 July 2011

Devon Altered Book Project

We seem to have become quite relaxed with our altered book project as deadlines seem to have been abandoned.  I am way behind with my latest book but I have lots of work to do at the moment with commissions, setting up my on-line shops and an exhibition to prepare for.  Also, the book that I am having to work on next belongs to one of my daughters and I want to make it as nice as I can. I have some pictures to share of my efforts on the last book that I had which belongs to one of my younger daughters who has bravely organised the whole project. The theme was 'Strange/Magical Places':

This was influenced by the drawings of Truda Lane. My lovely Mum and I had a wonderful day in Totnes and met two of my beautiful girls. We ate lunch, drank tea and raided the craft and vintage shops. I bought a copy of 'Lifelines', published by Green Books, and immersed myself in Truda's lovely drawings on the way home on the train.


'Falling with a thousand stars, down the milky way to Mars', words by Vashti Bunyan.


Poppy Seed Head houses.



I had been watching the inspirational Satish Kumar's 'Natural World' DVD about Dartmoor. It reminded me of how much I love and miss the moor with its Tors and the River Dart. When I was a child the moor unlocked my imagination and I would be lost in the stories inside my head. I long for its wildness and mystery when I'm away and this was a little tribute to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment