The World Turns To Ice

Thursday 4 August 2011

Wally/Waldo look-a-likes

A friend asked me to make these for him and, as I didn't have a pattern I found the prospect pretty daunting especially as I was busy .  If he and his wife hadn't been two of my best pals I would have tried to wriggle out of it with much more force. So I decided to give it a go.  I had never designed any knitted toys from scratch before and I had many failures before I managed to find a workable design. Now that I have finished them I am really glad that I had a go, not because I think that they are great as I can see all their failings. I am glad that I tried because my friends asked me and , if they are happy with them then I haven't let them down. Here are the little rascals. I don't know what they are going to be used for but I am guessing that they might be school props. I shall soon be wrapping, packing and wishing them goodbye so I am presenting them here for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment