The World Turns To Ice

Monday 26 September 2011

Appreciating where you are right now

I have often posted photographs of the road, which is more accurately a lane, where I live. I usually go along the path to the greenwood or along the country trail. I long for days when the landscape is at its most dramatic, when the crops are at their most vibrant colour or when the snow is on the ground. However, most days I am returning from shopping in the car without a camera and thoughts are more focused upon what I am going to cook for dinner. I am inclined to become oblivious to my surroundings and I am more likely to be dreaming and planning outings to more interesting places where I can find the most photogenic landscapes. Once in a while, though, I take off the blinkers and become aware of what is right in front of me. I took this shot from in front of my house. There really is no place like home.


No comments:

Post a Comment